Description of the Programme
I2: ICIQ Impulsion will foster the professional career of 12 highly talented international fellows through the development of an innovative research programme of 24 months, based on interdisciplinarity, internationality and intersectoriality.
The programme is structured in two calls for applications, for an average of 6 positions each. The first call will open in September 2019 and the second call is expected to open in September 2020.
Calls are addressed to experienced researchers with at least one year of postdoctoral experience that have not lived in Spain for more than 12 months in the last 3 years. (See elegibility criteria below)
At the application time, candidates will have freedom to:
- define one innovative and original research project within one of the research topics
- choose the Group Leader(s) they would like to work with and be supervised by
- choose a partner organisation(s) to develop a secondment(s) to experience a different research environment that will complement the research they want to develop at ICIQ (see current partner organisations list)
Being part of the I2:ICIQ Impulsion community will allow fellows to have:
i) A vibrant research atmosphere.
ii) A personalised Career Development Plan.
iii) A tailored Training Programme and Networking opportunities in an international environment.
iv) Access to excellent scientific equipment, facilities & secondment(s) in international institutions.
Candidates must comply with the following criteria at the time of the deadline (30th October 2019 for first call):
- Mobility rule: researchers of any nationality are eligible, however applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the last 3 years.
- Elapsed time since PhD award: candidates must have been awarded the doctoral degree no more than four years before the call deadline (measured from the date the PhD was secured through successful defence).
*Exceptions will be made for documented periods of parental leave or serious illness. Other equivalent exceptions may be considered when properly documented and motivated by the applicant, e.g. in case of candidates from underdeveloped countries, minorities, refugees, and for applicants that pursued their studies under comparatively unfavourable conditions.
- Postdoctoral experience: candidates must have at least one year of previous postdoctoral research experience.
- Publications: researchers must have published at least three articles in internationally reputed journals. Only accepted and published papers with a DOI are eligible.
ICIQ aims at attracting highly talented researchers from all over the world to carry out research at the institute, I2: ICIQ Impulsion will offer very competitive working conditions:
- Full-time employment contract of 24 months. Fellows will be affiliated to the Spanish Social Security General Regime, which includes standard health and accident insurance, maternity and paternity leaves, and pension and unemployment benefits.
- Living allowance: average gross salary (including living and mobility allowances) of 35,250 €/year
- Research, training and networking costs: up to 700 €/month (managed by the institution)
- Attractive research environment, high degree of flexi-time, unlimited access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment
- Personalised career development plans
- Access to specific research training and seminars programme